Question the text
Questioning what you read helps you to fully understand a text and form your own opinions about a subject. While reading through your resources, think about the following:
- Does the author have an obvious opinion about the topic?
- Have they used evidence to support their ideas?
- Do they state clear facts, or just opinions?
- Does the writer use emotive or persuasive language?
If a description of something or someone is all good or all bad, think carefully about whether the information might be biased.
- How does the text make you feel?