Your conclusion is the last paragraph of your essay and the last thing your reader will read, so it needs to be memorable. A conclusion:
- links back to the introduction
- summarises your key points
- restates your main idea
- should never contain any new information.
Once you've covered these basic elements, think about the ‘So what?' factor – whether your essay stands out from the crowd. Ask yourself:
- Why should anyone care about what I've written in this essay?
- How do my ideas add to what we know about the topic?
- If you can answer these questions, you're on your way to a great essay.